Welcome to this edition of “container gardening news” – an occasional roundup of the best container gardening and small-space products, tips and general bits and bobs from around the web. I hope you enjoy my picks.
- Reel Gardening creates wonderful kits for urban gardeners and I urge you to check them out. You should also take a look at their Kickstarter campaign. The featured image of this post is of one of their products.
- Michael Peterson, of HotZot, has invented an organic weed sprayer that uses only hot water. It should be available for limited purchase this year. Check out his video below:
- If you’re a UK container-grower and want to use mini polytunnels on your raised beds, then check out this product from First Tunnels.
- Haramaki is a stretchy tube of cotton/lycra that is worn around the middle. It keeps your midriff warm without the need for lots of cumbersome layers. It’s a traditional Japanese concept made by NukuNuku in the UK. If you hate weeding in the cold, then it’s definitely worth checking out.
- Ever considered growing the Mandevilla vine in pots? Gary from Plant Care Today has some excellent tips.
- A wonderful visual “compendium” of orchids if you’re interested in that kind of thing.
Don’t forget to leave a comment below!
Have you got any news or tips of your own? Leave a comment below!